[imp] PGP -(gpg) create keys not working

Interpost.biz Webmaster info at interpost.biz
Mon Jul 23 07:48:42 UTC 2018

        Hello,<br />
        I can't seem to get the horde 5 Groupware Webmail edition
(5.2.17) IMP 6.2.17 - from the debian stretch repos to create pgp keys
- no matter what settings I use. I have increases the timeout, etc,
tried the weakest, 1024 keys, etc but I always receive the error
message  keypair not created, and I cannot find any errors or
mention of this in the logs, anywhere (syslog, etc).<br />
        We are using php7.2 latest on the server, and mcrypt is not
available - is there any chance that this is the problem?  (we do
have php7.0-mcrypt installed, however).<br />
        We are using /usr/bin/gpg   - are there any
arguments we need to add to the binary location in horde gnupg or
imp?</p>

If I create the keypair manually via the command line using gpg then
horde/imp imports the keys properly and pgp can be used. I need to
allow the user to create them, however from within their imp
preferences.

Can you help?

Thanks,  Ed