[kronolith] hello? anyone home?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:04:36 -0500

Quoting eculp@EnContacto.Net:

> Chuck, as I said in a previous mail that I sent from an unsubscribed account
> :-), I think the new design integrates very well with IMP and looks much more
> polished.  My question would be, now that it does look so good and I have been
> using it some for myself, what is the recommended way to integrate it with
> IMP. I added a menu item for it in IMP but haven't been able to open another
> window something like target=_blank that I have temporarily hard coded into
> menu.php, to not have to log on each time. I am using your new event.gif as
> the icon, btw. Looks good.

Thanks for the feedback!

There are a couple of options going forward on how to do integration. Here are
the scenarios I see.

1. This is possibly furthest from implementation, but also the best, IMHO. We
have a general Horde login; people log in to Horde, not individual apps. They
have priviledges for individual apps stored in their Horde preferences; ie, if
you logged in to Horde, when you logged in to IMP it might prompt for your
password initially, but that's it, and if we had enough information, the login
would be transparent.

2. Possibly in concurrence with this: I'd like to modify the mstore driver to
remove the limitation of being able to append to another user's calendar. This
will mean that we just need one username/password in /etc/mpasswd for Kronolith
to use, and that the usernames that we use could come from anywhere - a good
thing. Also, it'd make doing group calendars _much_ saner.

I'd like to go ahead with this change in mcal cvs, and then modify Kronolith to
use it; if I did that, would people be okay with updating to the cvs of libmcal?

3. If people's mcal (/etc/mpasswd) passwords match their IMAP passwords in your
case, then it'd be pretty easy to just copy IMP's session information over to do
a transparent login to Kronolith. This could be an option, but I don't know how
many people that (the passwords matching) will be true for.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues