[kronolith] MCAL and Solaris problem

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:25:00 -0500

Quoting Brandon Knitter <knitterb@blandsite.org>:

> After some poking around I found that those symbols are UNDEF as per
> ``nm'', and further research shows that mcal.h lists them as callbacks.
> .../php-4.1.2/ext/mcal/php_mcal.c shows these four functions defined and
> all, but why are they attempting to be used in the other places?
>
> This could easily explain my problem, but it seems like this is
> specifically related to Solaris, perhaps just version 8.  Why would this
> not be an issue on Linux?  What platform is most of Horde developed on?

I think the problem was occasionally hit under different circumstances
under Linux. You might try libmcal out of CVS; I believe there were some
missing prototypes, and that this issue was resolved recently.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity
 and justice is a good dream." - Tariq Ramadan