[kronolith] iCalendar/vCalendar support in Kronolith - including scheduling!

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 04:31:16 -0400

> A brief update on iCalendar/vCalendar support in Kronolith:

This is excellent, Thank You.

> _constructive_ bug reports/suggestions on this are welcome, and patches to
> improve the set of iCalendar fields supported (or other improvements)
> especially so.

First: I think I understand why it's desirable to use UTC format for the DTSTART
and DTEND fields, but when I import entries with dates in that format, they
don't show up corrected for my timezone.  I edited makeDate in Data.php and
removed the trailing 'Z', and now start and end dates show up in local time,
correctly displayed.  My question is: why didn't the UTC format work for me, or
should it?

Second: when I click on the invitation.vcs attachment (not the download link),
the mime viewer displays:

 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/lib/Data.php on
line 3910

and then the Summary, Description, DTSTART and DTEND fields.  SUMMARY is
formatted okay, but DESCRIPTION loses formatting if there's more than one line
(i.e., the second line in a description was outdented and uppercased, like a
field name).  Also, should the dates be displayed in this rendered window as
something more meaningful?

It's late here, so I haven't spent much time going through icalendar.php to
suggest a patch yet - I'll try later.

Also, I like adding the invitation from the edit screen and hadn't thought of
that, but it might be helpful to also have an invitation option on the initial
New Event screen;  again, I'll try to come up with something after I've had some
sleep.

One last thing - does it make sense to make the choice of a mime viewer for .vcs
attachments a user-selectable thing, with the default being up to the admin?
The reason I ask is that I have Palm Desktop installed on my PC, and it wants to
be the default app for .vcs attachments, and I'm sure there's still *somebody*
still using Outlook or Evolution, or some other calendar program...  Personally,
I prefer kronolith, but the other programs are easier to use when synching with
a PDA.

Once again, thanks!

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ