[kronolith] mcal vs sql

Ed.Lazor at AtFantasy.com Ed.Lazor at AtFantasy.com
Tue Nov 25 11:17:11 PST 2003

Is there any reason to go with mcal rather than using the sql backend for Kronolith?  I browsed the archives and saw Kronolith 1.0 required mcal for pop-up appointment notifications.  Is this still the case with Kronolith 1.1?

If mcal is the recommendation with Kronolith, have you used Apachetoolbox 1.5.69 and libmcal .7?  I receive errors when trying to compile:

/usr/local/lib/libmcal.so: undefined reference to `cc_vlog'
/usr/local/lib/libmcal.so: undefined reference to `cc_vdlog'

I've run "make" and "make install" on libmcal.  I've also run ldconfig and still get the error.  This error only occurs when adding --with-mcal to the PHP configuration.

Everything *seems* to work when configuring Kronolith to use a MySQL backend.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, ideas, and help.

-Ed