[kronolith] Re: Fwd: [horde] Horde and appsthoughts/suggestions/issues

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at chello.nl
Thu May 13 12:08:02 PDT 2004

Hi,

Chuck wrote:
> Quoting Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:
>
> > What do you think about linking files from gollum into the other
> > applications? Then no filehandling features (upload, rename, ...) have
> > to be implemented for each application.
>
> I don't think it makes sense to require Gollem, but if we use the VFS
> code there
> isn't too much to duplicate, and using Gollem to browse uploaded files,
> if it's
> available, would be nifty.

It's been a while since I've really looked into the Horde code, but I
originally submitted the Horde::Link code specifically for this purpose. I
would like to be able to reference related e-mails, documents, whups
tickets, contacts, notes and whatever to a calendar item. When I then review
the calendar item I can see all related information and avoid duplicate
storage.
As I said I haven't really been keeping up, so I'm not sure what the status
of the Link code is and whether it is useable for this.

Just my two cents. I'm sorry that I don't have time to start coding and
submit patches.

Regards,
Jeroen