[kronolith] Time zone

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 17 08:32:13 PDT 2004

> Hm, looks like this is really an issue. We currently save the time however
> the user entered it. The best approach would probably have been to store
> all events in UTC. But given the huge amount of data already available in
> years old Kronolith installs, it would probably make more sense to set the
> timezone per calendar.

I think we could write a conversion script if necessary, using users
timezones.
But with shared calendars, having one timezone per calendar has issues for
people in different tzs sharing the calendar.

But it's worse than that, really. There are (at least) two kinds of events -
events that have a fixed time, in a fixed timezone, and then events that you
want to happen at (say) 9am, whenever that is for your current timezone.

I'm not sure how to accomodate both of those.