[kronolith] Question about kronolith enhacements

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jun 1 15:05:13 PDT 2006

Quoting Manoli Cano <manoli.cano at upcnet.es>:

> Hello, now, we´re testing Kronolith and we want to use it in our
> organisation (also we use other Horde projects like IMP, Turba,
> ...).  We´re very interested to have some enhancements of Kronolith
> (tiquets  3944, 3965, 3992 and 3954). Do you know if these
> enhancements will be  implemented in the next Kronolith release?
> that we want to know is if  you have planned when you will develop
> these enhancements.

Generally if a ticket isn't assigned, then no one is working on it.
That's the case for most (all?) of the ones you listed, although some
of the ones you listed are duplicates or interrelated as well.

Submitting patches for the features you'd like to see is a great way
to both get involved, and to make sure the things you want have a much
higher chance of going into Kronolith (or other Horde apps). Which
brings us to...

> We have another question: we are interested also in colaborate and
> develop code and enhancements for kronolith (the enhancements I
> mentioned before), is it possible?. Which is the way to col.laborate
> with you?

It's very possible, and welcomed. The best way is to start submitting
patches to existing bug and enhancement tickets, or to create new
enhancement tickets with your patches. If you are interested in
getting involved longer-term in Kronolith development, let us know,
and after a few of your patches have been committed we can look at
getting you CVS access.

Either way, you should discuss the things you want to do either on
this list or in the tickets, if the tickets exist, and take a look at
horde/docs/CODING_STANDARDS. Then get patching!

Thanks,