[kronolith] shared calendar ownership attribute?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Aug 31 13:54:24 UTC 2011

Zitat von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Am Mittwoch, 31. August 2011, 14:54:55 schrieb gimili:
>> I have mentioned this before but I still can't figure this out.  If I
>> give the creator all permissions (show, read, edit and delete), they
>> still can't add new events.  It seems to me like you need to give the
>> the authenticated user edit permissions so they can add events.  Problem
>> is this allows them to edit the events of other users.  What am I
>> missing?  It seems to me like there should be one more tick box under
>> authenticated users called "Add".  This way they could add new events
>> but they won't have edit permissions for events created by other users.
>
> Well yes, it's logical. The creator of an event has permission [xyz] but an
> event that doesn't exist has no creator. I still have to figure how that
> works. Probably we're missing something here. It's not a bleeding-edge new
> thing after all.

How it worked in Horde 3 and how it's still supposed to work in Horde
4, is that setting creator permissions implicitly sets add permissions
too. So even if not all authenticated users have write permissions,
they all have add permissions as soon as they have creator permissions.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/