[kronolith] Tags lost after Horde update

Christopher 'm4z' Holm them4z at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 15:33:18 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Christopher 'm4z' Holm <them4z at gmail.com>:
>
>> Greetings and thanks for doing Horde,
>>
>> I recently updated our company Horde instance from version 5.0.2 (on
>> an ancient openSUSE 13.1) to 5.2.12 (openSUSE Leap 42.2). The upgrade
>> went well overall, but apparently, for all Kronolith events, the tags
>> are now missing from the "Tags" tab, these are all empty.
>> Looking at the "rampage_tag*" tables in the database, they still seem
>> to exist, however they aren't displayed at all. (Adding new tags seems
>> to work fine.)
>>
>> How can I get the tags back? Or is this expected behaviour that I
>> overlooked in the change notes?
>

> Any chance that you have user name misspellings? This shouldn't happen
> during an upgrade from 5.0 to 5.2 but maybe you changed some configuration
> during the upgrade too. I'm talking about difference in upper and lower
> casing for the same user.

Thanks for your reply!
I wouldn't know how that would've happened. We're authenticating
against Postgresql and AFAICT nothing changed in the DB, username-wise
(we're using "name at domain.example" style user accounts, if that
matters).

During the (RPM) upgrade, the config files were (as expected)
temporarily reset to the distribution defaults and I had to merge our
settings (DB credentials etc.) back into the new configs. (JFYI and
probably unrelated: I noticed that for users that had logged into
Horde during that config merge time, all their shared calendar
subscriptions were lost, but this only affected a handful of users.)

I can't exclude the possibility that we were/are using ancient config
settings, but the diff didn't look like it. I can't find any config
related to case/upper/lower.

What further info can I provide to narrow down the cause of the
problem? Should I attach any (sanitized) configs?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
   Christopher 'm4z' Holm

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense
and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is
beautiful and his children smart." --H. L. Mencken