[kronolith] DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (BRT)

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:26:36 UTC 2018

Hello, brazilian admins:

In case you get this error in the red rectangle when opening Kronolith
or some specific month or year view:

DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (BRT)

You can fix this by examining and manually changing all the 'BRT'
event_timezone rows in your kronolith_events table.

In my case, I had 112 rows with 'BRT' in that column all from events
created at 2014, 2015 and 2016. I don´t why this was set as TZ or if it
was correct and now some update does not accept this parameter anymore.

You can either change all the BRT to a null value or to some regular
timezone, like America/Sao_Paulo, for example.

Updating my database with this did the trick:

UPDATE kronolith_events SET event_timezone='America/Sao_Paulo' WHERE
event_timezone='BRT';

Hope it helps.

Luis Felipe