[kronolith] Calendar Subscriptions options

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 08:22:41 UTC 2022

Hallo List,

 Calendar (kronolith) 4.2.27
 Horde (horde) 5.2.21

or
 Calendar (kronolith) 5.0.0-git.
 Horde (horde) 6.0.0-git
(last pulled in about October)

Recently, Outlook 2016 stated playing nicely with the EAS option, and
mails (excluding Drafts for some reason) and address book are
synchronising well.  Calendar remains an issue.  Although the
ActiveSync page shows it being requested...

Collection id:Aed98e579
Class:Calendar
Server Id:Calendar:tq9bEM1jy93CgTueMswTqlF
Last synckey:{63ac27c9-b02c-40ad-9f38-526700000000}95

(But it also shows the device as Not Provisioned - Outlook Mobile,
which does show as Provisioned seems to work fine)

To overcome this until I have some time to do debugging and device
logs, I tried to subscribe to the calendar using one of the
subscription options.

CalDAV Subscription URL — Subscribe to this calendar from another
calendar program
CalDAV Account URL — Subscribe to all your calendars from another
calendar program
WebDAV/ICS Subscription URL — Subscribe to this calendar from another
calendar program
Feed URL — Subscribe from a feed reader

Absolutely none of them work :)

Taking the WebDAV/ICS Subscription URL option, I get a URL like:

https://webmail.myserver.net/../kronolith/../rpc.php/kronolith/user@domain.com/tq9bEM1jy93CgTueMswTqlF.ics

However, Outlook says this is not a proper URL (whether I use https://
or webcal://) and testing in the browser, I get this output:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
with it. The document tree is shown below.
<d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
<s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\Forbidden</s:exception>
<s:message>Requested uri
(/rpc.php/kronolith/user at domain.com/tq9bEM1jy93CgTueMswTqlF.ics) is
out of base uri (../rpc.php/)</s:message>
<s:sabredav-version>1.8.12</s:sabredav-version>
</d:error>

A bit of googling throws up some NextCloud results, but nothing for
Horde/Kronolith but I understand that something is wrong with the
apache configuration.

Did anyone run into this - and how did you solve it?

Is the only debug option a per deivce file to Mike?

Regards

SImon