[sork] Head version of passwd w/ldap

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 06:21:15 -0700

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

 | Quoting Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>:
<SNIP>
 | > I'm going to add the cvs diff to this with the observation that I was not
 | > sure where hordeuser and password should be defined.  I chose conf.php
 | over
 | > lib/Driver/ldap.php
 |
 | I've not implemented any thing for this yet.  I will make changes as soon
 | as I find time to make this happen (based on the other Horde apps handline
 | of ldap, where rootdn/password are optional, and only used if provided,
 | with the required comments to make it somewhat understandable).

My problem here is that my directory can not be read by anonymous.  I'm
not sure what others are doing and would like to know if that is an overly
paranoid approach.  That doesn't allow me to do the anonymous bind to
find the user DN.  That is why I added the additional fields but I'm sure
that it can be implemented by using the form data and the oldpassword and
be more clear.  My goal was to make minimal change as quickly as possible.
AFAIK, there isn't a standard LDAP handling in Horde apps, but they will
work alike with slightly different approaches in their configurations.

 | Thanks for finding the bugs!

You deserve the thanks for writing the program and maintaining it.

ed