[sork] vacation not working

Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:10:51 -0500

Quoting marc.bigler@day.com:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Solaris 8 with Sendmail 8.12.6 and the vacation tool simply
> doesn't work, I can set and unset the vacation alright but then if I set it
> and do a test I receive a mail in return which says:
>
> DSN: Data format error...
>
> Any ideas what could the problem be ? If you need more details please ask I
> will be pleased to pass the logs.
>
> Regards

What version of the horde vacation module?

It could be the null vacation.db files we use, or it could be a system
(sendmail, vacation, etc) configuration problem.

If you can do a "vacation -i" in an account to generate the correct database
files, and copy them to an account setup by the vacation module that isn't
working, and that fixes it, then the problem is the null db files.  This
can be "fixed" in various ways.

Otherwise, it is something else, and more information might make it
easier to help.  Anything in the log files?

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage