[sork] Accounts/quota

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jul 27 20:23:33 PDT 2003

Quoting MiikaT <mlist.horde2 at finansium.fi>:

> should I see user quota information in horde/accounts along with login/home
> directory and default shell with default accounts configuration? I've added

Depends on various things.  Do you have quotas enabled?  Did you setup a
quota driver in account's config files?  Can you get the quotas locally on
your mail server?  How are you getting the quotas?

> the following entry into /etc/sudoers:
>
> nobody  ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/quota

Assuming your web server runs as "nobody" that is one way to get it to
work.  But not the easiest way for RH 9.

> I only get the above three details. I also configured imp for quota,
> which displays:"Quota not available". Do I need to add sudo command
> to quota within account configuration?

If you want to use sudo, instead of setting the quota command suid.

> My setup is: RH9, Horde-2.2.3, IMP-3.2.1 and account-2.1.

See the notes about quotas in horde/accounts/lib/Driver/localhost.php,
and see the info at https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/ (the last / is
important) and if you have problems (which you may, since things changed
from RH 7 to RH 8, unless you are using NFS or something) then let me
know.

The simple answer is: yes, you *can* display quotas in accounts and
IMP, but you have to do some work to set it up properly.