[sork] 500 Unable to change password.

Juan Manuel Del Río Castañeda jdelrio at uniandes.edu.co
Tue Sep 30 12:20:08 PDT 2003

The cause: Solaris Patches,

Somehow patched the /usr/bin/passwd on which poppassd relies on, the patch
changes the "dialog" between the user and the system, so,

1. Download the latest version qpopper (yes qpopper) from:
http://www.eudora.com/qpopper/

2. Configure it trying to compile with something like this:
	./configure --enable-poppassd

3. Change the source code of popppassd.c in the password directory, in the
solaris 5.9 sparc case, would result in something like this:

static char *P1[] =
   {
     "enter existing login password: ",        /* Solaris Sparc 5.9 */
     ""
   };

3. Install it, have good luck, if the platform is not solaris, mmmm mala
cosa, well, you can turn on the debug and try over and over again

Saludos cordiales,

Hi.

>I´ve a problem.
when I try change password give me the error 500 Unable to change
password.
 I'm used password-2.2 with poppassd.
 Also I do telnet localhost 106 and when I imput the newpass give me the
same error.

	500 Unable to change password.
Connection to localhost closed by foreign host.

 help......

 thanks

Juan Manuel Del Rio Castañeda
Ingeniero