[sork] Forwards - need a 166 umask

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 9 13:37:05 PST 2004

Quoting Mark Toomey <mark at fcs.uga.edu>:

> The .forwards file being created by the forwards module creates the file
> with 644 permissions, which Sendmail doesn't like (security issue). Is

What version of forwards?  At least the newest code tries to set it
to 600.

> there a way to configure the Forwards code to write a 600 file or do I
> have to change the umask all the home directories??

Well, don't know.  The current CVS HEAD tries to do that:

        $_vfs->changePermissions('', '.forward', '0600');

But that may or may not work, and may or may not be in what ever version
you are running.  I can't say since I don't know what version you are
running or anything else about your setup.