[sork] UPDATED Patch for Passwd LDAP driver

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue May 4 14:00:34 PDT 2004

Zitat von Kendrick Vargas <ken at hudat.com>:

> Just outta curiousity, what does it take to get a patch accepted?
>
> I ask because I submitted a patch a few weeks ago for the forwards
> portions of sork, based on up to the minute CVS that added a customsql
> driver as well as configuration options to the XML config and made the
> password requirement optional (again, with associated XML config changes).
>
> I didn't hear anything about it either saying "nope, this is just an ugly
> hack" or "cool, I'll apply this". I would've liked to hear either one of
> those, as long as my contribution wasn't just ignored :-)
>
> So, what's the process for submitting patches?

What you did was absolutely the correct way and please don't get
disappointed that your patch was committed yet. It mostly depends on how
much time a developer has to review and commit the patch, and sometimes we
commit later patches earlier just because we a spare minute when it comes
in.

But be assured, your patch still is in my inbox, and probably in others, and
when I or someone else has the time, it will be committed. And reminding us
from time to time (if it isn't every second day) doesn't hurt either. ;-)

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens