[sork] passwd ignores hostspec parameter in backends.php

Joris joris at ideeel.nl
Mon Apr 24 13:08:43 PDT 2006

At 21:53 24/04/2006, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>Quoting Joris Benschop <joris at ideeel.nl>:
>
>>Shown below: I think I found the problem: it is reading the hostspec
>>parameter, but it connects via the socket instead (which is the horde
>>pref). Is there a way to tell it not to use the socket for this
>>particular connection?
>
>Yes, set 'protocol' => 'tcp' in the passwd parameters.

Well, that did the trick (I've mailed this more extensively but it
seemed that message was lost in space).

Would it be possible to add this parameter to the backends.php.dist
file? I think many non-developers
would not have come up with the idea to add such parameters to the
backend file. To be honest, I found the
way the prefs driver overruled the backends file in this silent
manner rather counter-intuitive.

At least a notation of this behaviour (and a mention than other
options can be added)
would be really usefull.

Anyway, may thanks to all that helped

joris