[sork] passwd-backend for smbldap and ldap

alois blasbichler alois.blasbichler at sb-brixen.it
Tue Jun 27 05:03:08 PDT 2006

Hello list

We use Horde: 3.0.10  with Passwd: H3 (3.0) Our users are stored in an
Openldap-DB.
we use for backend : $backends['smbldap'] = array(
...    'driver' => 'smbldap', ....

The module works fine. But i have the following problem :

We have users they are "samba-users" (with the samba3-attributes and
objectclass) and other users they are not "samba-users". This because
some useres are only defined for e-Mail or other applications.

"samba-users" can change here passwords without problems.
No "samba-users" cant change here passwords - he get an error.

The solution would be that the program checks if the user have the
samba-attributes and then and only then he change both basswords, the
noirmal and the samba-passwords - this would be a nice thing.
Or is there another solution ?

Thank you
luis