[sork] PASSWD with MySQL, Postfix, VirtualDomains/Users

Gustavo Verduzco Vazquez info at gustavoverduzco.org
Sat Dec 1 06:54:29 UTC 2007

Hi!

I have a custom Postfix/MySQL Virtual Domains/Users setup that I
access using Horde as the webmail client. I am trying to get this
setup to work with PASSWD but so far I am out of luck.

I have a database called "mail" with a table called "users" where I
store the following fields: "email" and "password". My users log into
Horde with their full email address as their username and the password
is stored in the database encrypted with the ENCRYPT SQL function.

While I was reading the information on the "backends.php.dist" file I
didn't find a way to store the password on the database using the
ENCRYPT SQL function. I even tried setting a custom query to store the
password but I got a syntax error from PHP. ( 'query_modify' =>
'UPDATE `mail`.`users` SET `password` = ENCRYPT( '%p' ) WHERE CONVERT(
`users`.`email` USING utf8 ) = `%U`' )

Can you guide me through the configuration of the SQL driver to be
able to make it work for my setup according to the info I provided
lines above?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
--