[sync] Nokia E90 not syncing correctly

Volker Then horde32 at volkerthen.com
Fri Dec 14 11:29:10 UTC 2007

Hi sync team!

Today I tried syncing with a new Nokia E90. The initial syncing of
contacts and events worked pretty well - all data was transfered
correctly to the phone.

But the second sync deleted all entries from the phone.

syncml_log.txt says:

DEBUG:  Backend of class SyncML_Backend_Horde created
DEBUG:  New session created: a69b55aa40b35d47abf767c9123ad312
DEBUG:  checking auth for user=ice
DEBUG:  authorized=1 version=2 msgid=1 source=IMEI:3536590130xxxxx
target=http://mydomain/horde/rpc.php user=ice charset=UTF-8 wbxml=1
DEBUG:  SyncML: No info about previous syncs found for device
IMEI:353659013033747 and database ./calendar
DEBUG:  Create new sync for ./calendar; synctype=205
DEBUG:  HandleFinal for state=0
DEBUG:  Received Final from client.
DEBUG:  Sending Final to client.
DEBUG:  SyncML: return message completed
DEBUG:  Finished at 2007-12-14 11:44:15. Packet logged in
/tmp/sync/syncml_server_10.wbxml

It seems that there is no information about any succesful previous
sync in the database.

There is no entry at the SyncML options for "Timestamps of successful
sync sessions" for this IMEI. IMEIs from other phones are listed.

Syncing with a Nokia E70 works perfectly for many months now.

Any idea what might be wrong with my E90 or with my setup?

Thanks!

Volker