[sync] Synching Birthday-entries?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Apr 7 22:36:10 UTC 2008

Zitat von Matt Selsky <selsky at columbia.edu>:

> On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 12:11:22AM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > In kronolith it's possible to show birthdays stored in turba.
>> >
>> > Is it possible to sync them to the clients as calendar-entries?
>>
>> No, because they are really contact entries, so they'll be synched
>> with the client address book.
>
> Missing Sync creates an internal calendar called Birthdays
> and offers to sync that.  Can we do something similar?

At the moment you can't even sync anything but your default calendar.
When we add preferences to choose the resources to sync with, we might
add time objects (like birthdays) too. This might collide with clients
that already show birthdays in the calendar, like Outlook, though you
could always turn it off, of course.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/