[sync] Syncing multiple email addresses - how?

Johny Ågotnes horde at agotnes.com
Sat Jul 19 08:40:46 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I've got synching working from Outlook via Funambol 6.5.8 to Horde
(3.2.1) with Turba (2.2.1) , works great with two issues only so far;

1. The 2nd email address for my contacts aren't synchronised, I find
them in the XML structure from Funambol in the data.txt file
(/tmp/sync), but in the VCARD structure in the same file the 2nd email
address isn't converted?

Anyone know how to get this configured up? I've got the structure
there for it in mysql, Turba's sources.php is set up and I can edit
the address from Turba just fine, it won't synch from Outlook though...

2. If I have a comma in an address in Outlook (e.g. 'Unit 2, 255 Smith
Rd') this turns up in Turba with an extra \ like so; 'Unit 2\, 255
Smith Rd', any hints on how to avoid this little hiccup or is it a
simple import bug?

Of interest, the '\' character is introduced as the address is
converted from the input from Funambol (no \) and a VCARD is created
with a '\'.

Thanks for a great product, I don't believe there is a need for the
debug info in this case, but if there is, let me know and I'll send a
de-sensitised version.

Cheers!

:)Johny