[sync] SyncML: No DTD found for -//SYNCML//DTD

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Wed Oct 28 15:34:02 UTC 2009

Hi

I have Horde installed, with Imp, Kronolith, etc. (and a fuller list below).  I also have Funambol installed (and working).  My version of Horde is relatively recent (installed about 3 weeks ago via apt-get on Debian) but it's not CVS, which I don't have setup.  I have a /tmp/sync that is writeable as evidenced by the fact that it fills up with files when I'm trying to debug.  PHP error logging (error_log) is on - but no errors are recorded (the file is not even created).

When I attempt to access http://myhordeinstall.myserver.com/rpc.php the following (and only the following) is generated in my horde.log

Oct 28 14:38:39 HORDE [error] [horde] SyncML: No DTD found for -//SYNCML//DTD SyncML 1.2//EN/0 [on line 62 of "/usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/RPC/syncml_wbxml.php"]

My phone says the session was broken, the server response was not valid.

--
I followed the howto pretty closely but had some issues.  Some I could resolve, some I couldn't - so the issue could be there.

For example - from the wiki..

How to setup a simple SyncML server
::
::Setting up a simple SyncML server using the SyncML package and the Sql backend is as simple as this:
::
::1. Install pear packages for MDB2 and MDB2 database drivers:
::
::pear install MDB2_Driver_mysql MDB2_Driver_mysql

worked

::
::2. Install the SyncML package and the XML_WBXML package from http://pear.horde.org:
::
::pear channel-discover pear.horde.org; pear install --force -c pear.horde.org SyncML XML_WBXML

Didn't work.  I added horde as a channel and re-ran as
	pear install horde/SyncML horde/XML_WBXML
That worked.

::3. If you want to use the Funambol clients, you also need iCalendar, String and NLS:
::
::pear install --force -c pear.horde.org iCalendar String NLS

Same issue.  Reran as
	pear install horde/iCalendar horde/String horde/NLS
iCalendar worked
No releases available for package "pear.horde.org/String"
No releases available for package "pear.horde.org/NLS"
install failed

I tried adding -beta and -alpha to the packages, but no joy.
--

If I try to hit http://myhordeinstall.myserver.com/rpc.php with my phone (a SE C905), nothing appears in /tmp/sync but if I use my browser, then I get the following:

donald:~# ls /tmp/sync/
total 36K
drwxrwxrwx 2 root     www-data 4.0K 2009-10-28 14:38 ./
drwxrwxrwt 8 root     root      20K 2009-10-28 14:56 ../
-rw------- 1 www-data www-data 3.1K 2009-10-28 14:33 syncml_client_0.wbxml
-rw------- 1 www-data www-data 3.1K 2009-10-28 14:38 syncml_client_1.wbxml
-rw------- 1 www-data www-data    1 2009-10-28 14:38 syncml.packetnum
-rw------- 1 www-data www-data    0 2009-10-28 14:33 syncml_server_0.wbxml
-rw------- 1 www-data www-data    0 2009-10-28 14:38 syncml_server_1.wbxml
donald:~#

The browser shows:
<disco:discovery>
<scl:contractRef ref="http://myhordeinstall.myserver.com/rpc.php?wsdl"/>
</disco:discovery>

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.horde.sync/953/focus=955 seems to report this issue - but it's over 3 years old and so I assume that the issues have been resolved.  (Might not be the best assumption in the world).

Packages installed:
donald:~# dpkg -l | grep -i horde
ii  gollem                    1.0.2-1                              file manager component for horde framework
ii  horde-sam                 0.1-1                                spam module for Horde Framework
ii  horde3                    3.1.3-4etch4                         horde web application framework
ii  imp4                      4.1.3-4                              webmail component for horde framework
ii  ingo1                     1.1.2-1                              email filter component for Horde Framework
ii  kronolith2                2.1.4-1etch1                         calendar component for Horde Framework
ii  mnemo2                    2.1.1-1                              notes/memos component for Horde Framework
ii  nag2                      2.1.2-1                              task list component for Horde Framework
ii  sork-forwards-h3          3.0-1                                autoforward module for Horde Framework
ii  sork-passwd-h3            3.0-2                                Horde3 module for users to change their pass
ii  sork-vacation-h3          3.0-1                                autovacation module for Horde Framework
ii  turba2                    2.1.3-1etch1                         contact management component for horde frame
donald:~#

Please tell me if you need anything else.

Thanks

SPB