[sync] [error] [horde] contacts/list or contacts/listBy failed while retrieving server additions:Invalid address book: - Found word(s) list error in the subject

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Tue Jan 26 22:40:13 UTC 2010

<SNIP>

> > Ideally what I want is to be able to sync the Horde contacts
> directly
> > with the Funambol server - without going through a Device or
> Client.
> > Is this possible?  If not, how can I correct the error I am
> getting?
> > In this way, I could use my phone to clean the extraneous data in
> the
> > Funambol store.  (Alternatively, if someone knows how to purge
> that,
> > that would work too - since I can't find a way to do that either).
>
> There is no way to synchronize Horde with a Funambol server. Horde is
> a SyncML server itself.
>
> Jan.

Hi Jan

I was afraid you might say that.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem as though the Funambol Android client supports the Horde SyncML server in the same way the desktop application does (at the moment).  However, it seems I'm not the only one with this ask - several people over at the Funambol forums were trying to sync to a Horde server - and indeed, Funambol have a project for server-to-server to synchronisation.

Would it be a big job to add a sync-server URL (and username/password) to Turba/Kronolith - because it seems to me that the communications and process seems already to be built in.

Thanks.

Simon