[sync] iPhone going crazy with latest ActiveSync update (2.8.1)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Oct 1 13:46:08 UTC 2013

Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

> Hello,
>
> yesterday i was doing a pear-upgrade which updated Horde_ActiveSync
> from 2.7.3 to 2.8.1. With this update the test iPhone with iOS 7.0.2
> is not able to sync e-mail any more. It syncs over and over again
> draining the battery like hell.
>
> The message in the ActiveSync log is
>
> 2013-10-01T11:18:00+02:00 ERR: [26871] Attempting a SYNC_COMMANDS,
> but device failed to send synckey. Ignoring.
>
> which is repeated over and over again. I have switched of the Phone,
> reset the ActiveSync state, restart the webserver, cleaned the cache
> and restartet again but the problem persists. Any idea what went
> wrong?

There is currently a dependency in the released package on code in
Horde_Stream that wasn't released yet. I will be fixing this later
today, but your error message doesn't sound like it's caused by that
error. That error is caused by the iPhone sending commands (such as
delete or move) to the server along with a sync request that contains
a synckey of 0 - which is forbidden by the specification. It could be
this is a result of the iPhone trying to handle the error caused by
the stream code. You'll have to wait to see if the new package will
fix this.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)