[sync] Resolved: Error when syncing calendar

Mike barjunk at attglobal.net
Sat Jan 14 20:06:33 UTC 2023

I've renamed the original problem because now, Through Michael's help,
I've determined the issue with my contacts was that the calendar was
causing other sync's to fail.  (I'm assuming that contact syncing
happens after calendar syncing)

So once I turned off calendar syncing on my device the contacts synced
as I would expect them to.

I only have one calendar on the server, however, there are multiple
calendars connected to the device.

Maybe I'm not configuring preferences according to this setup properly.

It SEEMS that checking (or unchecking) the "support for separate
calendars" in the synchronization preferences of the users calendar
fixes this issue for one sync cycle.

If I force a sync again, through the phones accounts sync
enable/disable, it fails the second time through, until I toggle the
"support for separate calendars" value again.  It will sync without
error one time, then fail in the second forced sync.

While calendar sync is enabled on the phone, contacts and mail sync
fail as well, even with a successful calendar sync.

Order of events:

Toggle "support for separate calendars" in user preference and hit
save (now checked)
Force sync calendar (successful)
Force sync calendar (unsuccessful) - permission denied
Toggle "support for separate calendars" in user preference and hit
save (now unchecked)
Force sync calendar (successful)
Force sync calendar (unsuccessful) - permission denied

What else should I try to continue to narrow this down.  I feel I'm
getting closer, but don't know where to look.

Mike Barsalou