[sync] Not Resolved: Error when syncing calendar

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Jan 15 18:49:36 UTC 2023

Quoting Mike <barjunk at attglobal.net>:

>> I've renamed the original problem because now, Through Michael's
>> help, I've determined the issue with my contacts was that the
>> calendar was causing other sync's to fail.  (I'm assuming that
>> contact syncing happens after calendar syncing)
>>
>> So once I turned off calendar syncing on my device the contacts
>> synced as I would expect them to.
>>
>> I only have one calendar on the server, however, there are multiple
>> calendars connected to the device.
>>
>> Maybe I'm not configuring preferences according to this setup properly.
>>
>> It SEEMS that checking (or unchecking) the "support for separate
>> calendars" in the synchronization preferences of the users calendar
>> fixes this issue for one sync cycle.

Toggling this causes the sync state to be reset, thus triggering a
"fresh" sync each time. The failure in your original email had to do
with "soft delete", which removes the entries from the device  as they
fall outside of your configured sync window. E.g., your client may
only be synchronizing entries within the the last week. I'm not sure
if that is the error that is occurring each time. One thing you can do
to try to see if that is related is to configure your device to
synchronize all events, and not just those that fall within a certain
window.

It still sounds to me as if there is some issue with permissions in
your set up.  How many calendars does this user have? Does the user
have read/write to each one?  Does the user have full permissions to
both the "Horde" application, and the "Kronolith" application?