[announce] Turba 1.2 (final)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Mar 11 15:04:21 PST 2003

The Horde team announces the latest official release of the Turba contacts
application.  Changes since Turba 1.1 include: distribution list support,
improved LDAP and Horde API capabilities, linking of addresses to maps,
improved vCard support, and a preferences-based addressbook driver for
simple configuration. Also new are Catalan, Latvian, Lithuanian, and
Bulgarian translations, import/export support for TSV, Mulberry, and Pine
addressbooks, and no more reliance on PHP's short_tags setting. Finally,
there are the usual minor bugfixes and useability improvements.

Turba 1.2 should be considered a production-level release.  The code has
undergone a strict testing cycle in the form of a number of public release
candidates.

The Turba 1.2 release can be downloaded from the following locations:

    ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/turba/

Note that Turba 1.2 requires the Horde Application Framework 2.x, which
can be obtained from:

    ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/horde/

MD5 checksums:

MD5 (horde-2.2.1.tar.gz) = 0a1e087f5017524a6b1b3d62204f49bb
MD5 (turba-1.2.tar.gz) = 7c082cdbeb499eef99ff4dbf6b3608f5
MD5 (patch-turba-1.1-1.2.gz) = cedb32ad6fcd02223c6c102bc68c075c

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of