[announce] Horde 3.0 (final)
jan at horde.org
Thu Dec 23 04:01:25 PST 2004
After three years of work, the Horde Team is very excited to announce the
final release of the Horde Application Framework Version 3.0.
The Horde Application Framework is a modular, general-purpose web application
framework written in PHP. It provides an extensive array of classes that are
targeted at the common problems and tasks involved in developing modern web
Horde Version 3 differs from the 2.x releases in many ways, including the
* Full support for groups and arbitrary permissions.
* Completely rewritten, fully RFC-compliant MIME system with many
new MIME viewers.
* Many i18n improvements, including full charset support for the whole
* User customizable portal page.
* Theme support.
* Global personal categories and category colors.
* Access (shortcut) keys.
* Dynamically updating tree menu for applications, including Mozilla
* XML-based application configuration through a graphical user interface.
* Forms creation and validation API.
* Template engine.
* Crypt API with support for PGP/GPG and S/MIME.
* XML-RPC and SOAP server and client, experimental SyncML support.
* Improved notification system.
* Many new APIs like Compress, Image, PDF, History, iCalendar, SyncML,
CLI, Version control, NLS, Timer, and SVG.
* and many more...
The Horde 3.0 distribution is available from the following locations:
Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:
MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:
The Horde Team.
More information about the announce