[announce] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.3-RC1
jan at horde.org
Sat Apr 18 10:37:53 UTC 2009
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Horde
Groupware Webmail Edition version 1.2.3.
This is a bugfix and minor security release that fixes an issue with PGP
messages sent or received from a user on the local server. All users are
encouraged to upgrade to this release. Thanks to Peter Meier for reporting
Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is a free, enterprise ready, browser based
communication suite. Users can read, send and organize email messages with
three different webmail interfaces and manage and share calendars, contacts,
tasks and notes with the standards compliant components from the Horde
The major changes compared to the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
* Improved synchronization.
* Improved LDAP configuration.
* Don't cache local PGP public keys retrieved from the address book.
* Fixed some URL escaping issue for certain action links
introduced with the
security fixes from 1.2.2.
* Fixed updating POP3 indices when deleting in mailbox view.
* Fixed some IMAP folder creation issues occasionally seen, most often
during maintenance tasks.
* Fixed occasional buggy behavior when dragging/dropping folders.
* Add 'undelete' to Other Actions menu.
* Correctly display quota on dynamic interface startup.
* Correctly show 'To' header when doing searches in sent-mail and drafts
mailboxes of dynamic interface.
* Allow dynamic interface to work with IE 8.
* Fix address autocomplete display on IE.
* Added script to import events from SquirrelMail calendars.
* Added option to manually change event attendee responses.
* Improved holidays support.
* Added estimated time to the fields available in the task list.
* Added hook for altering the displayed task description.
* Many minor bug fixes and feature enhancements.
The full list of changes (from version 1.2.2) can be viewed here:
The Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.3-RC1 distribution is
available from the following locations:
Patches against version 1.2.2 are available at:
NOTE: Patches do not contain differences between files containing binary data.
These files will need to be updated via the distribution files.
Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:
MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:
The Horde Team.
More information about the announce