[announce] Mnemo H4 (3.0-RC1)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 22 23:27:25 UTC 2011

The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Mnemo
Note Manager version H4 (3.0).

The Mnemo Note Manager is the Horde notes/memos application. It allows
users to
keep web-based notes and freeform text. Notes may be shared with other users
via shared notepads. It requires the Horde Application Framework and an SQL
database or Kolab server for backend storage.

We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome.

To install Mnemo, you need to install Horde first. See
https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/master/horde/docs/INSTALL for
details. Once
Horde is installed, you can install Mnemo with the following command:

   pear install horde/mnemo-beta

Then log in to Horde with your adminstrator account to configure the
application and install the database schema from the configuration interface.

The major changes compared to the Mnemo version H4 (3.0-BETA1) are:

     * Finished Kolab support
     * Updated installation and upgrade instructions

The full list of changes (from version H4 (3.0-BETA1)) can be viewed here:

https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/ed64195b712b362b3b69651cf392c08a5dd01064/mnemo/docs/CHANGES

Have fun!

The Horde Team.