[announce] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0 (final)
jan at horde.org
Tue Jun 14 18:41:00 UTC 2011
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the final release of the Horde Groupware
Webmail Edition version 4.0.
Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is a free, enterprise ready, browser based
communication suite. Users can read, send and organize email messages with
four different webmail interfaces and manage and share calendars, contacts,
tasks and notes with the standards compliant components from the Horde
The installation method for Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4 has been changed
to use the PEAR installer. Please follow the instructions on
http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL to install Horde Groupware
The major changes compared to the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version
* Improved installation script.
* Added user-specific administration permissions.
* Small bugfixes and improvements.
* Fixed regressions from last version's Suhosin extension workaround.
* Fixed rule positioning.
* Fixed storage backend conversion script.
* Updated French and Slovak translations.
The major changes compared to the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version 1
* Completely refactored for PHP 5.
* New installation process through PEAR installer.
* Simplified configuration process.
* ActiveSync support.
* Frameless layout.
* Grouping into advanced and simple user preferences.
* Improved caching and reduced session sizes.
* Much faster Share library.
* Reduced dependency on external libraries.
* Lots of improvements in all library components.
* New mobile frontend.
* Much improved AJAX frontend including a vertical pane layout.
* New IMAP library written from scratch with broad RFC support and huge
* More powerful search and filter functionality.
* Smart-reply feature.
* Improved new mail notifications.
* Localized special folders.
* Better display of HTML messages.
* HTML signatures.
* Draft auto-saving.
* Support for custom IMAP flags.
* Reduced memory usage.
Address book changes:
* Duplicates searching and merging.
* Changed default Sieve port to 4190.
* New AJAX frontend with integrated tasks support.
* New mobile frontend.
* Resource scheduling.
* System calendars.
* Calendar coloring.
* Calendar and event tagging.
* Cross-timezone support.
* CalDAV client support.
* Improved recurring event exceptions.
* Improved notification and invitation messages.
* New Ajax frontend (in calendar).
* System task lists.
* Task list coloring.
* Quick task adding.
The full list of changes can be viewed here:
The Horde Team.
More information about the announce