[announce] Whups H4 (2.0-ALPHA1)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Sep 27 17:12:16 UTC 2011

The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first alpha release of the Whups
Ticket Tracking System version H4 (2.0-ALPHA1).

Whups is a Horde ticket-tracking application. It is very flexible in design,
and can be used for help-desk requests, tracking software development, and
anything else that needs to track a set of requests and their status.

This is a preview version that should not be used on production systems.  This
version is considered feature complete but there might still be a few bugs.
You should not use this preview version over existing production data.

We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system. Updated and new translations are very welcome, though some
strings might still change before the final release.

Major changes compared to the Whups H3 versions are:
     * Updated to work with Horde 4.
     * Improved mail filter for converting email messages to tickets.
     * More flexible and extended notification messages.
     * Small bugfixes and improvements.

The full list of changes can be viewed here:

https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/bc86c3996d0fe3e635d8cbeeae3d287a7cbe2c09/whups/docs/CHANGES

Have fun!

The Horde Team.