[announce] Horde 5.0.0alpha1
jan at horde.org
Thu Jul 5 22:37:05 UTC 2012
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first alpha release of the Horde
Application Framework version 5.0.0.
The Horde Application Framework is a flexible, modular, general-purpose web
application framework written in PHP. It provides an extensive array of
components that are targeted at the common problems and tasks involved in
developing modern web applications. It is the basis for a large number of
production-level web applications, notably the Horde Groupware suites.
information on Horde or the Horde Groupware suites, visit
IMPORTANT! This is a preview version that should not be used on production
systems. This version is not feature complete yet and there are likely to be
bugs. You should not use this preview version with existing production data.
We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
might still change before the release candidates are prepared.
For upgrading instructions, please see
For detailed installation and configuration instructions, please see
The major changes compared to the Horde version 4.0 are:
* Completely redesigned user interface.
* Much improved ActiveSync library including version 12.1 support
* Default to UTF-8 for all e-mail messages.
* IMAP groupware storage without dedicated Kolab server.
* Improved support for Kolab 2.
* Dropped support for Internet Explorer 6.
* Many further improvements.
* The new user interface and icon theme is not complete yet.
The full list of changes can be viewed here:
The Horde Team.
More information about the announce