[announce] Request for help with Horde infrastructure

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Jan 4 16:35:30 UTC 2020

Hi all,

We have just been informed that, after many years of generously
donating hosting services to The Horde Project, Hub.org will be
shutting down on Friday, January 10th.  Currently our PEAR/FTP server
and our mail server are hosted on Hub servers. We do have a fail-over
server in place for our PEAR server, so getting a replacement server
up for PEAR is not quite as urgent. However, our mail server is
critical.

Hence, we are putting out a call for any organization that would be
able and willing to donate a server to host the Mailman install that
handles our mailing lists and hosts our @horde.org email addresses.
Our current server is running FreeBSD, but a Debian/Ubuntu
distribution would be welcome, or even preferred, as well.

We realize it's a very short time frame here, so even if the answer is
"no", replies are appreciated so we can start setting up alternatives
sooner rather than later.

As always, thank you for your continued support of our project.

mike

--
mike
The Horde Project