[ansel] Request for API pointers

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Mar 22 08:54:48 PST 2004

Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:

> I'm starting to work on the TODO of reading the EXIF data in on image
> upload and though it would be best to use the Horde multi-variable
> storage mechanism for storing the data in the DB... can anyone point me
> to any documentation (or even where this is set up/created/read) so I
> can figure out how to put the data into the proper format?
>
> I'm referring to
>
> a:2:{s:4:"time";i:1079941418;s:4:"host";s:16:"ultraspace.local";}

That's just serialized data, and you really really REALLY do not want
to use it.
It's completely opaque, hard to manage, inefficient, unsearchable, etc.

All you need to do is to add the relevant data into the attributes of the
DataTreeObject_Image object, and the datatree storage will handle them for you
automatically.

-chuck