[ansel] Ansel::listGalleries()

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Mon May 10 07:05:36 PDT 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:
>
>> Would it be better to store it as an attribute of the image, in line
>> with the way the rest of the image data is stored (caption, exif, etc.)?
>> Or as a datatree field?
>

> Sounds like it'd be better to have at least the upload date as an
> attribute. I'd
> be inclined to let the datatree driver handle the updated field, but
> I'm also
> not sure how much we'd want to programatically use that value in Ansel
> (as
> opposed to the upload date), so I could be convinced.

So, what is the purpose of the datatree_updated field in the driver?
Using it for the upload date seems to be a little bit of a kludge,
especially if that field ever needs to be used for it's intended purpose
(whatever it may be).  Isn't that field used to note whenever a change
is made to the particulat datatree object (like changing the order or
some other element)?  If so, then it's not a reliable upload date.  Is
there a datatree_created field or something similar?  Would that make
more sense to be of a little more universal use outside of Ansel?