[ansel] Ansel::listGalleries()

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Tue May 11 09:01:36 PDT 2004

>> The images are connected to the galleries by having a field
>> containing the name of the gallery they are a member of.  If the
>> gallery you move is a sub-gallery of any other gallery, the name of
>> that gallery will change from
>> parent1:gallery to parent2:gallery.  In this case, we would have to
>> update every image in the gallery to reflect the new location of the
>> gallery.
>
> Ah, you're right. It'd be much simpler if we just stored the
> datatree_id in that
> field, since that would never change - that way the move would be automatic.

I started to mess with this & ran into a snag.  Images are stored in
the vfs in
a directory structure that reflects the gallery tree.  If we were to move a
gallery, we'd have to move the images in the vfs, too.

This, plus the idea of making an image "bucket" with pointers makes me
think we
should re-evaluate the vfs directory structure.  I though of just having
everything in the .horde/ansel directory, but that would be a lot of data in
one directory.  Another thought was to have .horde/ansel/full,
.horde/ansel/thumb, and .horde/ansel/screen directories.

Any other thoughts?

--Ben