[ansel] Ansel::listGalleries()

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue May 11 12:41:54 PDT 2004

Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:

> One other thing to keep in mind is that if you do implement the image
> bucket concept, that you'll have to track the gallery position of the
> image as an attribute because the datatree_order field will potentially
> be meaningless (depends on if you are going to allow a single image to
> be in multiple galleries or not).  I'd suggest storing it as a paired
> value with the gallery (gid:pos) thereby allowing a user to position an
> image anywhere within a given gallery.  I'll have to rewrite the
> reording page, but that should be simple enough.  I'd just replace the
> setOrder() call with a new function in lib/Gallery.php that would have
> the same effect.

Right. I'd store the values in seperate attributes, though (or, better,
put the
order in the attribute_key field for the gallery attribute, which isn't used
currently), so that getByAttributes() still works easily and efficiently for
getting everything in a gallery.

> Do you intend to allow a user to have the same image in multiple
> galleries?  If so, it might be useful to have a new page for viewing all
> images in a users image-bucket.  That would be where the user could
> actually delete the actual image.  Any deletion from a gallery would
> just remove the link and not the actual image (thereby avoiding the
> reference count issue).  This way you could upload a bunch of images and
> then later arrange them into galleries without having to first assign
> them to a gallery.  The image-bucket page could use micro-size
> thumbnails (1/2 size of normal thumbs?) to allow for lots on the screen
> at one time.  And deleting an image from the bucket would automatically
> remove all of it's attributes, so there would be no gallery orphans
> left, right?

Sounds about right - like a contact sheet.

-chuck