[ansel] Store images with extension?

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Tue Sep 7 13:38:50 PDT 2004

Not that you don't make a very valid point, but my camera already takes
care of that for me.  Granted not all cameras do... maybe an admin-level
config option?  This way you could easily overwrite an image if you
screw it up doing some Ansel edits...

As an alternative, how difficult would it be to build a function that
would automatically create a TGZ backup of the entire Ansel image store
(whether it be in a DB or Filesystem VFS) and put the images into
gallery-nested directory structures?  I know that there is a function
for downloading all the images in gallery as a ZIP file, but I'm
thinking more of an Admin function that would create a nice backup of
the entire Ansel structure, perhaps even with an export of the DB
contents in some XML format?  It would be useful for migrating an Ansel
install from one system to another or as a DR mechanism if you want to
update your Horde install and have a way to get back to the previous
working one if something goes wrong?  While a full DB dump might be
easiest, it wouldn't be the most portable (given different DBs and the
such).  It could be useful on an individual gallery level and the admin
function would just loop through all galleries individually and then put
it all together into a single archive.

Thoughts...?

heath