[ansel] remote_import - what to do with duplicate gallery names?

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Sep 8 16:59:03 UTC 2008

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Yea, I thought so. What about the previous idea of just placing a
>> .ansel_id file in the directory? Still too smart?
>
> I don't think it gets us much unless you detect duplicate images also...

k. I misunderstood the issue then.  I don't think it would be
confusing for a user the way it operates now.  It's basically just a
batch import script.  Personally, I wouldn't have any expectation as
to auto-detection of gallery names unless I use the provided --gallery
or --slug switches...but maybe I'm misunderstanding something or not a
typical user ;)

I'm not _against_ something here, but don't have any bright ideas that
would catch every use case either.  For example it's not unrealistic
for a single user to have multiple galleries with the same name placed
under different parents so even if we assumed folder_name ==
gallery_name we could still have collisions that would need to be
resolved via prompts in the script.

Thanks,
mike

--