[ansel] Some more questions (faces)

Jan Seynaeve jan.seynaeve at telenet.be
Mon Nov 16 16:39:21 UTC 2009

While am playing away, some more questions now on the face thinggy.

1.
I spent some blood, sweat and tears in installing opencv and
facedetect, but i think i have it now (at least, it shows up ok in the
test.php). But i can't see the magic :-(
Can someone explain what "Find faces" and "Find similar" are supposed
to do? And/or maybe show me where i can look for errors?
Find faces only gives me the faces i manually tagged and find similar
only gives a 30ish% similarity between different persons, while i have
a lot of other photo's with the same person on which i expected to
show up too ... is there any tuning to be done?

2.
I also tagged some faces manually, but if i give them the same name
they still show as "different" faces in the "People in this gallery"
window. Is this how it works? Shouldn't they be grouped or something?

3.
And then a bit off topic, on horde.org you have a nice pic of the
galleries shown like a "random bunch of photo's" from the gallery
itself ... how do you do that? Does it come with a style?

Cheers,