[ansel] Trouble setting up Ansel with Kolab

Luis D. Pedrosa luis_david at netcabo.pt
Thu Jun 3 21:34:24 UTC 2010

----- Message from mrubinsk at horde.org ---------
     Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:32:41 -0400
     From: Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
  Subject: Re: [ansel] Trouble setting up Ansel with Kolab
       To: ansel at lists.horde.org

> Quoting luis_david <luis_david at netcabo.pt>:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've been having some trouble while trying to setup Ansel within a
>> working Kolab Horde Webclient installation.
>>
>> Horde in Kolab uses SQLite as its database backend, but since MDB2
>> supports SQLite, I was assuming it would all work out. However,
>> when I click on the "Galleries" or the "My Galleries" views, I get
>> an "MDB2 Error: unknown error".
>>
>> I double checked the horde.db database file and all of the tables
>> and indices in the ansel.sql script are there. The Ansel test.php
>> page doesn't complain about anything critical (just some of the
>> optional libraries I have not installed). I have also looked for
>> further information in the horde log and the only log entries that
>> seem to be generated by selecting these views are:
>>
>> May 22 13:51:37 HORDE [debug] [ansel] Hook _horde_hook_share_init
>> in application horde not called. [pid 30581 on line 1683 of
>> "/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/lib/Horde.php"]
>> May 22 13:51:37 HORDE [debug] [ansel] SQL query by
>> Horde_Alarm_sql::_list(): SELECT alarm_id, alarm_uid, alarm_start,
>> alarm_end, alarm_methods, alarm_params, alarm_title, alarm_text,
>> alarm_snooze, alarm_internal FROM horde_alarms WHERE
>> alarm_dismissed = 0 AND ((alarm_snooze IS NULL AND alarm_start <=
>> ?) OR alarm_snooze <= ?) AND (alarm_end IS NULL OR alarm_end >= ?)
>> AND (alarm_uid = ? OR alarm_uid = ?) ORDER BY alarm_start,
>> alarm_end [pid 30581 on line 148 of
>> "/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/lib/Horde/Alarm/sql.php"]
>> May 22 13:51:37 HORDE [debug] [ansel] Max memory usage: 8126464
>> bytes [pid 30581 on line 339 of
>> "/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/lib/Horde/Registry.php"]
>>
>> I am using Kolab 2.2.3, which includes Horde 3.3, and Ansel 1.1.1.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> Unfortunately, not off hand. I'm not at all familiar with Kolab, and
> without any other error messages, I'm afraid I don't even know where
> to start looking.  Do you even get a line number for the error?
>
> --
> Mike
>
> --
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org
>
> "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein

----- End message from mrubinsk at horde.org -----

Hello Mike, and thank you for the prompt reply.

The lack of any details in the error message is exactly what is
throwing me off too.

Do you know of a way to get more information out of the system?
Anything like a debug flag or log verbosity level would help.

I am not afraid of getting my hands dirty into the code, if need be,
and if you have the patience. I don't know which are the best
debugging practices within the horde framework, but, if I am unable to
get a more detailed error message, I wouldn't mind adding some debug
statements to find where the error occurs.

Thanks.

-- Luis D. Pedrosa