[ansel] ansel create broken thumbs

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sun Dec 4 19:45:54 UTC 2011

Quoting Sven Röllig <roellig at roellig-ltd.de>:

> when I upload pictures generated ansel broken GalleryPhoto.
> ansel also writes an error message on the console:
>
> HORDE: [ansel] Error running command: /usr/bin/convert
> "/tmp/imgvg4WzS"'[0]'  +profile "*" png:"/tmp/img6yWk4L"
> 2>&1#012convert: Expected 8192 bytes; found 8078 bytes
> `/tmp/imgvg4WzS'.#012convert: Read Exception
> `/tmp/imgvg4WzS'.#012convert: Corrupt image
> `/tmp/imgvg4WzS'.#012convert: missing an image filename
> `png:/tmp/img6yWk4L'. [pid 21915 on line 160 of
> "/usr/share/php/Horde/Image/Im.php"]
>
> ansel and horde are the current packages of pear.horde.org

Looks to me like either the uploaded image is getting corrupted, or
you are using a too old version of ImageMagick.

You can try uploading the image using the older image uploader (there
is a user pref setting for this) and see if it makes a difference. If
it does, something is going wrong during upload. If it doesn't make a
difference, your ImageMagick might be to blame.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org