[board] New Ohloh Download Service

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Oct 20 20:42:18 UTC 2008

Hi Scott,

Zitat von Scott Collison <scott at ohloh.net>:

> Hey Jan,
>

> We haven't met, but you may know my company which is called Ohloh. Thanks for mentioning us in your interview with TechWorld. It's always nice to see that.
>

> We're looking for some folks who could start using our new download service. We have a couple of projects on, but we would like to get some more folks using it.
>
> Here's what we offer:
> 1. Simple admin. UI is clean and the automation scheme is, imho, very easy.
> 2. High availability/bandwidth: we leverage Amazon S3 as our storage back end and a Amazon's new CDN to distribute the bits.
> 3. Reporting: we offer daily apache-style logs for tracking who's downloading your bits. You can also instrument your Ohloh download page for web analytics services like Google Analytics.
>
> You can find out more about it here. https://www.ohloh.net/help/download_faq
>
> Or you can see a site that uses us here http://filezilla-project.org/
>
> Let me know what you think!

Thanks a lot for your mail. It's kind of funny because we just recently discussed whether to use Oloh for download distribution. You might find the meeting minutes and the IRC log from our advisory board meeting interesting: http://lists.horde.org/archives/board/2008-October/000085.html.

The very second paragraph of the minutes describes pretty well where we are with that discussion at the moment. I Cc'ed the board list so they stay in the loop.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/