[chora] Problem with cached mimetypes in mime.php

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:13:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org> wrote:

> > >  I see that the check-in date on the updated
> > > 'mime.php' file is December 31 1969.
> >
> > Wow, cool! We haven't changed that file in over 30 years!

Heh, LWN pointed to an April Fools' announcement of ThomasBSD; especially
funny if you've read some amount of TdR:

"ThomasBSD is based on OpenBSD, thus it is OpenBSD PLUS MORE,
mathematically making it (NetBSD PLUS MORE) PLUS MORE.

"The epoch of ThomasBSD will be moved back from January 1st, 1970 to
January 1st, 1960. Whenever a security problem is found and fixed in
OpenBSD, this little shift will enable me to also correct the issue in
ThomasBSD and then send mail to security-related mailing lists stating
that 'this was fixed in ThomasBSD about ten years ago'."

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN