[chora] luxor / chora

Mathieu Arnold arn_mat@club-internet.fr
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 09:30:33 +0200

Cynic wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm thinking about luxor / chora integration, and since I'm only
> getting to know chora, I've got a few questions...
>
> <soapbox>
>
> First, let me say that the fact that code in Chora that actually
> does something (i. e. besides declarations) is spread among files
> directly requested from browser and files included from these
> makes it really hard to understand the code. Looks like the only
> one who's been working on Chora so far is Anil, so this is
> understandable (no need to read other people's code, no problems),
> but I'd be extremely happy if it'd be possible to reorganize the
> flow so that the includes contain only class declarations etc.
> Opinions?

well, for my point, i've been adding/debugging some stuffs in chora, and
the code was cryptic at first sight, but really readable thereafter.

> Second, Chora is terribly heavy. For example, a CVSLib_File object
> for a file with two revisions and a single branch (HEAD) contains
> seven full CVSLib objects. print_r() representaion of that object
> has 45kB, and it doesn't include the method hashes. I know this
> doesn't say much, but you get the idea. Are such heavy objects
> really necessary? I believe this slows down execution significantly.

i've already said something like that, i'll let you guess what happens
if you ask for a file which look like :
modules   1.3626   lioux   13 hours    explosions -->
ports/misc/explosions
and :
$ /usr/bin/rlog /cvs/dup/freebsd/CVSROOT/modules,v |wc
  15711   64390  597843
this file is from freebsd:/CVSROOT/

(answer, have to kill apache...)

> </soapbox>
>
> Now, back to work.
>
> 1) What variable or public object property contains / accessor returns
> the filepath as contained in the URLs? To make myself clear:
> given this URL, I want to get the "/luxor/images/back.gif" part:
> http://localhost/horde/chora/co.php/luxor/images/back.gif?r=1.1.1.1

from co.php, $fullname, it's at the beginning

--
Mathieu Arnold