[chora] luxor / chora

Cynic cynic@mail.cz
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 02:11:18 +0200

At 21:35 8/10/2001, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote the following:
>Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:
>
>> > I guess the way to go would be to get the time just before the next
>> > revision to index.php was> checked in, and do checkouts based on the
>> > timestamp from then on.
>> >
>> > Do you see any problems with this?
>>
>> That seems to make sense, yeah.
>
>... though, thinking about it, what about if you're doing a big commit, and so
>the timestamp of the later files changing is just off of the first ones? You
>might have to padd it by a second or so - that shouldn't ever bump you to the
>wrong rev.
>
>Or I could be confused. :)

Yeah, I was just checking the Subversion web, and while skimming the
design docs I realized that commits/tags/branches aren't atomic in CVS.
Ouch. :(

cynic@mail.cz
And the eyes of them both were opened and they saw that their files
were world readable and writable, so they chmoded 600 their files.
    - Book of Installation chapt 3 sec 7